1. I am a procrastinator. I was supposed to send this list in yesterday.
2. I live in yoga pants/tights. Since having kids I’ve only owned one pair of jeans. It’s either a special occasion or laundry day if you see me in them!
3. I have a garden growing on my coffee table, dining room table, couch table, and kitchen counters. We purchased a lot of seeds this year, and saved a lot from last year. I can’t wait for everything to move out into the ground in May!
4. I’m the youngest of 3 girls. My oldest sister grew up with the office as her bedroom. (Surprise! Birth control isn’t 100% effective, and so I exist thanks to shotty Trojans!)
5. My daughter is a new years baby! (Not the very first of the year, but she was close in 2010)
6. I’ve caught a baby at a birth and it was an incredible experience. I didn’t sleep for 2 days from all the excitement after.
7. I’m currently doing some GPA upgrading so I can apply to midwifery when my kids start school full time.
8. I hold my pen incorrectly. Not quite in a full fist, but certainly not the way they wanted me to hold it in school. I have horrible hand writing because of it!
9. I hate computers. I’ll write everything out by hand over typing it any day. I have tons of notebooks all around my house with lists in them. It doubles the work for me when it’s something that has to be typed up after, but I always write it out first anyway
10. I’m a kind of sort of vegetarian. I’ve tried a lot of different diets out in my life and I keep going back to meat free, I don’t mind cooking it and I love eating meat, but I find my body feels better without it. (although, you’ll see me sneaking some steak from my husband’s plate in BBQ season, and I always eat turkey at Christmas!)
11. My husband and I have a goal of owning a farm. The full deal with greenhouses and animals. I want to live off my own land completely. He thinks if I don’t go into midwifery I should learn to spin my own wool after doing my own shearing and knit scarves and toques to sell at farmer’s markets when we get there!
12. I can’t knit. I started a dish towel 2 years ago and have yet to complete it!
13. I tried to get married in lululemon shorts. My husband and I got married this past September after a lot of years and 2 kids together. I wanted to do it 6 days after we decided on it, in our living room with just our witnesses there. My aunt (a marriage commissioner) was out of town that week so we had to wait, which resulted in telling our parents about it. That spiraled quickly into the rest of our families finding out. I got a lot of pressure to wear a dress so finally folded and bought one. We got married on the beach in Golden Ears park 5 weeks after and came back to our yard for UBrew beer and appies. (I changed into my lulu’s at 6pm when we went to the casino!)
14. I love pop. I try to be crunchy and live naturally. We eat mostly organic and GMO free, but there is ALWAYS pepsi or gingerale in the house.
15. I’ve never owned an automatic vehicle. Even though I’ve had 2 brand new cars, both have been standard. (and my new to me beater at 17 was standard too!)
16. If I never wrorried about money I would buy our farm tomorrow and have 4 more kids.
17. I hate kale. The whole kale thing drives me nuts. It’s easy to grow, it’s healthy and there are so many great products out there made with it. I’ve tried so hard to love it but I think it’s disgusting.
18. I own enough cloth diapers to cover all the little bums in a 5 block radius. If something terrible happens to me, please don’t let me husband sell them for what I told him I’ve spent on them. They’re worth A LOT more.
19. I play video games. Years ago I thought I was the best girlfriend a guy could ask for. I bought a playstation 3 for Stu’s 30th birthday gift. (it had just come out) I quickly realized that was a bad idea, and that if I wanted to spend any time with him I’d have to do it playing video games. With life and kids I don’t have much time anymore, but I’ll still skip cleaning the kitchen once in awhile to sit with him and play when the kids are in bed.
20. I don’t exercise and never have. I had a gym membership 10 years ago and went twice. I played a lot of sports growing up and have never gotten the satisfaction of exercising alone. I need to competition to motivate me.
21. I consider myself a feminist. I’m all for equality and nothing being any particular sex’s role, but I won’t take out the garbage. It was something I watched my father do each week growing up, and it’s engrained in me that it’s my husband’s job. (It’s also driven it in that children are really affected by what they see rather than what they’re told!)
(Visited 42 times, 1 visits today)