A Doula is a trained and experienced professional who provides continuous physical, emotional and informational support to the mother before, during and just after birth; or who provides emotional and practical support during the postpartum period.
A Birth Doula
- Understands the physiology of birth
- Understands the emotional needs of a woman in labor
- Assists the woman in preparing for and carrying out her plans for birth
- A doula will stay and assist the woman through the entire birth process
- Provides emotional support and physical comfort measures
- Encourages the woman’s partner to participate at his/her comfort level
If you are unsure if you want to hire a doula for your birth, simply contact us for a consultation and we can share some more information with you.